Strategic planning facilitation is best done by an external facilitator who keeps the team focused and makes sure the process moves forward. An experienced facilitator creates an atmosphere of openness, actively engaging the entire team.
When a Strategic Planning meeting is run by a member of the executive team break-through results are rarely produced. It is not at all unusual for old topics to get rehashed and prevailing opinions not to be challenged. Tough questions are avoided and ‘group think’ is prevalent.
Our seasoned B-to-B consultants with experience in Strategic Planning facilitation make your planning sessions productive by:
- Managing the Strategic Planning process
- Making sure the entire team is engaged
- Preventing anyone from dominating the discussion
- Avoiding ‘short-cuts’ to the process
- Keeping everyone focused
- Ensuring no issues get skipped
- Asking challenging questions
- Challenging the status quo
- Keeping the sessions ‘on topic’
- Testing assumptions
- Providing new insights and perspectives
- Moving the process forward
- Acting as sounding board for ideas
- Assisting with the action plan development
Strategic Planning Facilitation that Produces Results
Strategic Planning meetings do not have to end up rehashing the same topics from last year.
Properly conducted, Strategic Planning is not a waste of time and money, but a thorough process for management to set a new direction for the business. Serious topics are discussed in-depth, leading to better decision making. These decisions are then captured in an action plan, ready to be implemented.
In addition to strategic planning facilitation, we can take on specific tasks such as gathering market intelligence, conducting industry and competitor analysis, developing financial models, and evaluating new opportunities.
For more information about Strategic Planning Facilitation, please contact us.
We’ll be glad to answer your questions.