If you’re starting a new business, expanding an existing business, or if you’re looking for financing, you need a solid business plan. Our Business Planning consulting provides advice and guidance throughout the entire process of creating a compelling Business Plan.
Even if you’re not looking for external funding, a good business plan can make all the difference. It is your playbook for how to make the business successful.
Developing a compelling business plan is not a trivial matter. Of course, you want the final document to make a good first impression. However, don’t get too focused on the ‘form’ at the risk of neglecting ‘substance’. It is the content of your business plan that demonstrates your insight and understanding of the business and what it will take to achieve success.
Most of your effort should go into the “planning” activity itself: how to get customers, evaluating options, analyzing ‘what-if’ scenarios, thinking about the pros and cons of the business model, and developing detailed pro-forma financials. You need to work on each and every aspect of the business, you can’t leave anything to chance.
A good business plan helps you to:
- Define the purpose of the business
- Identify operational and human resource needs
- Create P&L and Cash Flow forecasts
- Communicate the business opportunity
- Provide structure to the business
- Get funding
Business Planning Support for B2B Firms
We specialize in business plan development for B2B firms. We guide entrepreneurs and managers through the process by asking challenging questions, acting as a sounding board for ideas, and keeping the process grounded in reality. Developing a business plan involves making decisions about many aspects of the business venture, such as:
- How are we going to make money?
- Which markets to target, and why?
- What are we selling and how?
- How to attract and retain customers?
- What is our positioning?
- What prices to charge?
- Sales forecasts
- Pro-forma financial statements
- How much capital is needed?
- How to pay back investors?
Unless you have a good deal of experience in business planning, it may take you a lot of time and countless revisions to complete the business plan. You can save time and aggravation by working with a business planning consultant.
We’ll work with you on refining your business model, testing assumptions, conducting market research, and developing sales forecasts. As a result, you’ll have confidence in your business model and your chances of success.
Business Planning Support
- Complete Support – We provide advice and guidance throughout the entire planning process. In addition, we become an integral part of your team, working on assignments, creating spreadsheets, etc. Finally, we’ll help you create a professional business plan, a compelling document for presenting your idea to banks or investors.
- Fresh, Independent Perspective – Get objective advice on the viability of your business concept, what needs to be improved, why and how. It’s not just about getting funded, but about creating a sustainable, profitable business.
- Focus on B2B – We specialize in working with firms that operate in B2B markets. With experience across a broad range of B2B market sectors, we can help you create a compelling, carefully thought-out business plan.
- Coaching – We offer complete support for the entire business planning process. However, you may feel confident that you can take on most of the business planning yourself, perhaps with some advice along the way. In that case, we can serve as your Business Planning Coach. You can also take advantage of our support if you have already completed a major part of the business plan and just need help to finalizing it.
- Business Plan Makeover – If your existing business plan did not get a positive response from investors or it needs to be updated, we can help. A Business Plan Makeover may involve a re-write, or it may take a comprehensive revision of the business model, go-to-market strategy, and financials.
- Feasibility Analysis – If you’re in the early stages of developing your idea or concept for launching a company firm, it may worthwhile to carry out a Feasibility Analysis first, before you start the formal business planning process. The feasibility analysis provides quick insight into the viability of your business idea and may prevent you from putting a lot of time, effort, and money into something that’s not likely to be successful.
Consider working with an experienced business planning consultant to streamline the process and produce a better result.