If you’re starting a new business, expanding an existing small business, or if you need financing, you need a solid business plan. Our Business Planning support is aimed at guiding you through the process of creating a compelling Business Plan.
Even if you don’t need external funding, a good business plan is your playbook for making the business successful and being prepared for any contingencies.
Developing a compelling plan for your B2B firm is not a trivial matter. It is important to create a professional looking document if you need to present the plan to an investor. However, most of your time should go into the “planning” activity itself: evaluating options, analyzing ‘what-if’ scenarios, thinking about the strengths and weaknesses of the business model. Every aspect of the business that you need to review carefully and determine what it will take to become successful.
A good business plan helps you to:
- Define the purpose of the business
- Plan HR and operational needs
- Create P&L and Cash Flow forecasts
- Get funding
- Communicate the business opportunity
- Provide structure to the business
If you’re in the early stages of developing your idea or concept for launching a company firm, it may worthwhile to carry out a Feasibility Analysis first, before you start the formal business planning process. The feasibility analysis provides quick insight into the viability of your business idea and may prevent you from putting a lot of time, effort, and money into something that’s not likely to be successful.
Business Plans for B2B Firms
We specialize in business planning for B2B firms. We guide entrepreneurs and managers through the process by asking challenging questions, acting as a sounding board for ideas, and keeping the everyone grounded in reality.
Developing a business plan involves making decisions about many aspects of the business venture, such as:
- How are we going to make money?
- Which markets to target, and why?
- What are we selling and how?
- How to attract and retain customers?
- What is our positioning?
- What prices to charge?
- Sales forecasts
- Pro-forma financial statements
- How much capital is needed?
- How to pay back our investors?
We’ll work with you on refining your business model, testing your assumptions, conducting market research, developing sales forecasts, and anything else that’s important to your business. As a result, you’ll have confidence in your business model and your chances of success.
Business Planning Support
- Complete Support – We assist you throughout the entire planning process, refining the business model, creating financial projections, etc. Next, we’ll create a professional business plan, a compelling document for presenting your idea to banks or investors.
- Objective, Fresh Perspective – Get objective advice on the viability of your business concept, what needs to be improved, why and how. It’s not just about getting funded, but about creating a sustainable, profitable business.
- Focus on B2B – We specialize in working with startups, small and mid-market firms that operate in B2B markets. With experience across a broad range of industries, such as technology, manufacturing, IT, professional services, to name a few, we can help you create a compelling, carefully thought-out business plan.
- Right the First Time – Investors rarely give you a second chance if your Business Plan does not impress. Why not get it right the first time?
- Coaching – We offer complete support for the entire business planning process. However, if you’re confident that you can do most of the business planning yourself, but may need some guidance and advice along the way, we can serve as your Business Planning Coach. You can also take advantage of Business Plan Coaching if you already have completed a substantial part of the business plan and just need help to complete it.
- Business Plan Makeover – If your existing business plan failed to get a positive response from investors or it needs to be updated, we can help. A Business Plan Makeover may involve a re-write of the business plan, or it could take a comprehensive revision of the business model, go-to-market strategy, and financials.