If you’re starting a new business, expanding an existing small business, or if you need financing, you need a solid business plan. Our Business Planning consulting provides advice and guidance throughout the entire process of creating a compelling Business Plan.
Even if you don’t need external funding, a good business plan is your playbook for making the business successful.
Developing a compelling plan for your B2B firm is not a trivial matter. Of course, you want the final document to make a good impression. However, don’t get confused about ‘form’ over ‘substance’.
Most of your effort should go into the “planning” activity itself: evaluating options, analyzing ‘what-if’ scenarios, thinking about the strengths and weaknesses of the business model. You need to review every aspect of the business and figure out what it will take to become successful.
A good business plan helps you to:
- Define the purpose of the business
- Identify operational and human resource needs
- Create P&L and Cash Flow forecasts
- Communicate the business opportunity
- Provide structure to the business
- Get funding
If you’re in the early stages of developing your idea or concept for launching a company firm, it may worthwhile to carry out a Feasibility Analysis first, before you start the formal business planning process. The feasibility analysis provides quick insight into the viability of your business idea and may prevent you from putting a lot of time, effort, and money into something that’s not likely to be successful.
Business Plans for B2B Firms
We specialize in business planning for B2B firms. We guide entrepreneurs and managers through the process by asking challenging questions, acting as a sounding board for ideas, and keeping everyone grounded in reality.
Developing a business plan involves making decisions about many aspects of the business venture, such as:
- How are we going to make money?
- Which markets to target, and why?
- What are we selling and how?
- How to attract and retain customers?
- What is our positioning?
- What prices to charge?
- Sales forecasts
- Pro-forma financial statements
- How much capital is needed?
- How to pay back our investors?
Unless you have a good deal of experience in business planning, it may take you a lot of time and countless revisions to complete the business plan. You can save time and aggravation by working with a business planning consultant.
We’ll work with you on refining your business model, testing assumptions, conducting market research, and developing sales forecasts. As a result, you’ll have confidence in your business model and your chances of success.
Business Planning Support
- Complete Support – We provide advice and guidance throughout the entire planning process. In addition, we become an integral part of your team, working on assignments, creating spreadsheets, etc. Finally, we’ll help you create a professional business plan, a compelling document for presenting your idea to banks or investors.
- Fresh, Independent Perspective – Get objective advice on the viability of your business concept, what needs to be improved, why and how. It’s not just about getting funded, but about creating a sustainable, profitable business.
- Focus on B2B – We specialize in working with firms that operate in B2B markets. With experience across a broad range of B2B market sectors, we can help you create a compelling, carefully thought-out business plan.
- Business Planning Coaching – We offer complete support for the entire business planning process. However, you may feel confident that you can take on most of the business planning yourself, perhaps with some advice along the way. In that case, we can serve as your Business Planning Coach. You can also take advantage of our support if you have already completed a major part of the business plan and just need help to finalizing it.
- Business Plan Makeover – If your existing business plan did not get a positive response from investors or it needs to be updated, we can help. A Business Plan Makeover may involve a re-write, or it may take a comprehensive revision of the business model, go-to-market strategy, and financials.